Can I Donate?
Please, do NOT present to donate if:
1. You have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing).
2. You’ve had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Close contact is defined by CDC as being within 6 feet of an infected individual for a prolonged period of time.
3. You have been diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 until 14 days after your illness has resolved.
We do NOT test for COVID-19. Please contact your health care provider if you want to be tested.
All donors must be feeling well and healthy on the day of donation and be in good overall health. You can donate on most medications and with various medical conditions.
More eligibility FAQ's.
Please note: the deferral for potential exposure to Mad Cow Disease (vCJD) has been lifted! Those who spent time in the UK, France or Ireland are now be eligible to donate given that all other donation criteria is met. View our press release.
When in doubt, email your eligibility questions to our donor eligibility team at email@example.com
For donors 17+ years of age and up (there is no upper age limit to donating!):
- To donate a pint of whole blood or platelets
- Men and women must weigh 110 pounds or more
- There is no height requirement
- To donate double red cells
- Men donating red cells must weigh 130 pounds and be at least 5' 1"
- Women donating red cells must weigh 150 pounds and be at least 5' 5"
- You can donate blood or platelets with a parent's permission and must have a signed permission slip.
English Permission Slip and Spanish parental permission slip
- You must weigh 130 pounds or more.
Safety of both our blood donors and those who need transfusions is of the utmost importance. Here are some reasons why you cannot donate:
- You are pregnant
- You are currently taking antibiotics for infection
- You have cold or flu symptoms
- You have had hepatitis B or C
- You have any sexually transmitted diseases
More frequently asked questions & facts about blood donation.